The Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI) is pleased to announce a Call for Applications for Shastri Scholar Travel Subsidy Grants (SSTSG) 2023-24 for SICI’s Canadian and Indian Member Institutions to strengthen institutional and scholarly linkages.
- Assist faculty members, post-doctoral and doctoral students with travel to participate in conferences, workshops, seminars and academic meetings in alternate partner countries (India or Canada);
- Facilitate enhancing personal and professional growth of Indian and Canadian scholars and institutions.
- Facilitate promoting academic linkages between India and Canada.
- CAD$ 1,500 to support the scholar’s international economy class round trip airfare between Canada-India;
- International economy class round trip airfare between Canada-India;
- Associated costs related to visas, meals, per diem and accommodation are not eligible
Number of Awards:
- Five (5) awards for students;
- Five (5) awards for faculty
Eligible Timeframe: May 15, 2023, to August 31, 2024
- Institutions subject in good standing with fully paid-up SICI membership for the current year (2023-24); Please visit https://www.shastriinstitute.org/member-council for a complete list of SICI’s Canadian and Indian Members Council Institutions;
- Institutions may receive only one SSTSG award, student or faculty;
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of India and or Canada;
- Applicants must be a full-time faculty member/researcher/student (doctoral and post-doctoral) of an eligible institution;
- A student or a faculty who was awarded an SSTSG in 2022 - 2023 is not eligible until SSTSG in 2024 - 2025;
Application Requirements and Evaluation Criteria:
A complete application package should be a single pdf file with the SSTSG Application Form 2023-24 and following sections in sequential order:
- Description of the event, including the objectives, the topics/themes, expected scholarly inputs/outputs and intended contributions and the format (three (3) pages); (10 Points)
- Details of professional backgrounds and contributions of scholars and demonstration of successful outputs and strengthening linkages (two (2) pages); (5 points)
- Proof of acceptance of the paper/presentation from the organizer/host institution and letter of invitation;
- Curriculum Vitae of the applicant in India or Canada, not more than three (3) pages. All additional pages after the 3rd page will be removed.
- Curriculum Vitae of the academic host in India or Canada (for academic visit), not more than three (3) pages. All additional pages after the 3rd page will be removed;
- Copy of a valid Passport/PR Card.
- Copy of original community certificate (for applicants from SC/ST/OBC category)
Application Deadline: June 18, 2023 (11:00 pm MST)
Application Package Submission Process
Complete Application Package: Email your complete electronic SSTSG application form along with all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: "SSTSG Application 2023-24" on or before June 18, 2023, by 1100 pm (MST).
Report Format: Form
Report Submission: Email your Final Report (format attached above) to email@example.com
For more information or queries, please email to:
Program and Member Relations Officer