Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute is pleased to announce a call for Applications for Shastri Mobility Programme (SMP) 2017-18 for faculty members/ educational administrators from its Canadian and Indian Member Institutions of good standing to study and learn best practices through exposure to respective Canadian or Indian Institutions. This programme is for SICI’s Member Institutions who wish to bring about a change in their university and/ or course by understanding the Canadian/Indian education system and the curriculum through their visit to Canadian/Indian Institutions, and delivering lectures or teaching a module/part of a course in the visiting Institutions.
In general applications from all domains of studies like Social Sciences and Humanities, Arts, Commerce & Management and STEM subjects are accepted. However, applications are encouraged in the focus areas of SICI and priority areas of MHRD, Govt. of India i.e. Food Security and Sustainable Development, Water Resource Management, Gender, Bi-lateral Trade and Investment, Energy and Environmental Sciences, Securing Future of Children and Youth, Higher Education, Agricultural Science & Technology, Teacher Education and Training, Health Sciences, Nursing, Marine Sciences and Ocean Studies is invited under this programme. The Institute in its broader ambit also includes vocational education as specified in the Xth Addendum of the MoU.
The Mobility Programme has two components i.e. senior academicians and educational administrators. The programme will provide an opportunity for personal enrichment and professional development for senior academicians/ educational administrators. The programme will enable higher education officials to create empowering connections with the societal, cultural and higher education systems of Canada and India. Recipients will have an opportunity to learn about the host country’s education system as well as establish networks. This experience will also permit senior academicians/ educational administrators to collaborate with colleagues abroad, share professional experiences, hone expertise and diversify academic curricula. Applicant must be from member institutions of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute of good standing either from India or Canada.
- The applicant should be a full-time faculty member of a Canadian or Indian member institution.
- Faculty members/ Educational administrators of Canadian and Indian member institutions are eligible to apply for this grant. A list of SICI member institutions is available at the link provided here: http://www.shastriinstitute.org/member-council .
- The Applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada or India.
- A letter of invitation from the host institution is must.
- Minimum of two reference/support letters to be provided towards your candidature for the award mentioning your calibre and justifying the request of your visit for the proposal purpose.
- Completed electronic application along with all required documents should be submitted to http://shastriinstitute.org/gms/ on or before 31st December, 2017 by 5:00 pm (IST).
- Late and incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- Employer’s endorsement is a must for application submission to avoid any unanticipated problem later on.
Number of Awards: 8-10 *
Value of Award: $ 750 per week*
The fellowship package will include-
- Economy class airfare from the place of origin to the place of affiliation in the most direct route,
- Visa fee,
- Overseas insurance
Duration: This Programme will be for 3 weeks.
Disbursement of Funds:
90% of the award amount will be disbursed upon signing of letter of agreement between SICI and recipient’s institution (closer to the date of travel) and remaining 10% to be released upon submission and approval of a final report to SICI by the recipient.
Completed application must be sent electronically no later than 31st December, 2017.
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI)
5 Bhai Vir Singh Marg
New Delhi 110001
Call us at: 011 – 2374 6417; 2374 3114; & 2374 2677
- All the Grants/Fellowships will be subject to receipt of funds from MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Shastri Institute reserves the right to change Fellowship amount and number of awards.
- In case the applicant faces trouble in registration or uploading file on the GMS , please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The maximum limit to upload application file on GMS Portal is 10 MB. Kindly compress your files if exceeding 10 MB.