Shastri Indo Canadian Institute India office is pleased to announce Shastri Membership Development Grant (SMDG) for its Indian Members Council. SMDG is designed to assist Indian member institutions to organize events to support the promotion and expansion of SICI’s activities in their institutions in India. Applications are also encouraged for the activities and Programmes such as Lecture Series, Workshop, Film Shows, Students’ competition and important day celebrations. The SMDG grant could be exclusively used for a single event/stand alone to promote SICI opportunities and other bi-national (India-Canada) activities in IMC institutions. The dissemination may also be linked to other academic events where promotion of SICI’s activities is an integral part of the programme. Applications proposing for Collaborative events from two different funding agencies are also acceptable.Please note that for purposes of all SICI granting programs, ‘research /training /activity ‘shall be deemed to include creative activity conducted within the structures and programs of a member institution.
The desired purpose of SMDG is to publicize and promote SICI mandates as well as programmes and grants offered by SICI Canada and India offices to its IMC Institutions. Applications proposing for Collaborative events from two different funding agencies are also acceptable.
The Universities and institutions are encouraged to consult SICI, to establish a calendar of events so as to avoid overlapping activities and ensuring the spread of activities throughout the year. Shastri Institute may request you to alter your date of academic activity like conference/seminar/workshop etc. if there is any date clash with the institute’s activity. An advance notification must be given prior to the event to enable Shastri Institute with a conviction so that Shastri Institute's representative can attend the workshop/conference for promotional purpose.
Who can apply:
The Member Representatives, executive council members or authorized nominees from SICI’s IMC institutions are eligible to apply for this grant to organize one or more SICI Info Event in their respective institutions; the representative may share or delegate the SICI-presentation work with other colleagues from their institute.
The current list of member institutions and member representatives can be found at the following link: https://www.shastriinstitute.org/member-council
Priority will be given to the SMDG grant requests coming in from the designated representatives of SICI’s IMC Institutions or authorized substitute person from the same institution.
The main objective of the grant is to assist member institutions to seize this unique opportunity to use the SMDG grant to widely disseminate information about SICI and its 2018-19 grant opportunities, enabling faculty, student and staff of his /her institution to apply and avail the benefits of being active member of SICI.
The applicant must be from Indian Member Council of SICI.
- Complete application along with all required documents at GMS Portal www.sicigms.org/login
- Detailed proposal of the activity to be carried out with the funding requested under SMDG,
- Curriculum Vitae of the person who will be the in charge of the proposed activity under SMDG,
- Detailed Budget with different components of expenses,
- Employee Endorsement Form.
- SMDG will be used for organizing SICI Info dissemination Event(s) at Indian member institutions.
- The Indian applicant, if awarded will receive necessary information package (about SICI and grant programmes) from SICI India Office prior holding the event(s) in their institution.
- If desired and logistically feasible, official from SICI would be available (via skype or video conference) to talk about SICI programmes/grants and to answer any queries/clarifications.
Each member institution that is awarded will receive up to INR 15,000
Number of Grants: 4 (Four)*
- Refreshment costs (i.e., tea, coffee, soft drinks, snacks etc. Alcohol is not allowed).
- Supplement the travel and or accommodation costs for invited speakers, panelists etc.
Disbursement of Funds: The first installment of the grant will be 85% of total amount and the same will be disbursed upon signing of letter of agreement between SICI and recipient. The holdback amount of 15% will be released upon submission of Final report in SICI report format and bill/invoice from awardee.
Application Forms: Apply online at GMS portal www.sicigms.org/login
Reporting: Final reports (applicable for successful applicant only) in prescribed format at www.sicigms.org/login
Report Format : SMDG-Final-Report.docx
Endorsement Form : Form
Application Deadline: December 27, 2018
For more information, please contact:
Programme Officer (SMDG)
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute
5, Bhai Vir Singh Marg
- All the Grants/Fellowships will be subject to receipt of funds from MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Events / Initiatives must take place prior to March 31, 2019.
- Applicant from member institutions will receive the grant on a first come first served basis, subject to meeting criteria mentioned above.
- Shastri Institute reserves the right to change Fellowship amount and number of awards.
- The maximum limit to upload individual file on GMS Portal is 1 MB. Kindly compress your files if exceeding 1 MB size.
- Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification.
- The decision of Adjudicators with respect to awards will be considered as final decision.