Shastri Indo Canadian Institute's India office is pleased to announce Shastri Membership Development Grant (SMDG) for its Indian Members Council (IMC) Institutions. The Shastri Membership Development Grant (SMDG) is designed to assist the Shastri Indian member institutions to organize events to support the promotion and expansion of SICi’s activities in their institutions in India. Applications are also encouraged for the activities such as Lecture Series, Workshop, Film Shows, Students’ competition and important day celebrations. The SMDG grant could be used for a single event to promote SICI opportunities and other bi-national (India-Canada) activities in IMC institutions. However, this grant related activities may also be linked to public events (academic or cultural) that showcase their India-Canada activities, where promotion of SICI’s activities is an integral part of the program. Applications proposing for Collaborative events from two different funding agencies are also acceptable.
The amount of SMDG is up to 15,000. The desired purpose of SMDG is to publicize and promote SICI mandates as well as programs and grants offered by SICI Canada and India offices to its IMC Institutions. Applications proposing for Collaborative events from two different funding agencies are also acceptable.
Who can apply:
The Member Representatives, executive council members or authorized nominees from SICI’s IMC institutions are eligible to apply for this grant to organize one or more SICI Info Event in their respective institutions; the representative may share or delegate the SICI-presentation work with other colleagues from their institute.
The current list of member institutions and member representatives can be found at the following link: http://www.shastriinstitute.org/member-council
Priority will be given to the SMDG grant requests coming in from the designated representatives of SICI’s IMC Institutions or authorized substitute person from the same institution.
The main objective of the grant is to assist IMC representatives to seize this unique opportunity to use the SMDG grant to widely disseminate information about SICI and its 2017-18 grant opportunities, enabling the faculty, student and staff of his /her institution to apply and avail the benefits of being active member of SICI
- The applicant must be Indian National and permanent resident of India.
- She/he must be from the member institution of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute from Indian member network.
- A Complete filled in Application form,
- Detailed proposal of the activity to be carried out with the funding requested under SMDG,
- Curriculum Vitae of the person who will be the in charge of the proposed activity under SMDG,
- Detailed Budget with different components of expenses,
- Employee Endorsement Form.
1)SMDG will be used for organizing SICI Info Event(s) at Indian member institutions.
2)The Indian members (applicants) will receive necessary information package (about SICI and grant programs)from SICI India Office prior holding the event(s) in their institution.
3)If desired and logistically feasible, Program Officer/s from SICI office or an Executive Council member from SICI would be available (via skype or video conference) to help the IMC members talk about SICI programs-grants and to answer any queries/clarifications.
Each member institution that is awarded will receive up to INR 15,000.
Number of Grants: 5 grants are available for the year 2017-18.
- Refreshment costs (i.e., tea, coffee, soft drinks, snacks etc. Alcohol is not allowed).
- Supplement the travel and or accommodation costs for invited speakers, panelists etc.
Disbursement of Funds:
Funds will be disbursed upon receipt of the Final report in SICI report format.
Application Deadline: Open Throughout the Year
Submit completed electronic application to www.shastriinstitute.org/gms
For more information, please contact:
Programme Officer (SMDG)
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute
5, Bhai Vir Singh Marg
- All the Grants/Fellowships will be subject to receipt of funds from MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Events / Initiatives must take place prior to March 31, 2018.
- Applicant from member institutions will receive the grant on a first come first served basis, subject to meeting criteria mentioned above.
- Shastri Institute reserves the right to change Fellowship amount and number of awards.
- Please note that the Institute takes no responsibility for missing applications or materials in mail, by post, electronic or via courier.