REGISTRATION IS CLOSED NOW !
The hard work that goes into doing scientific research is nearly worthless, if the results of the research are not effectively communicated to the scientific community. Despite its importance, most study programmes rarely provide a formal course on how to convert your data collected over months and years into well cited scientific papers or a highly rated thesis or a much-appreciated presentation at a scientific meeting. To fill this gap, Professor Shah developed an accredited course on Scientific Communication that he has been teaching since last 15 years at Laval University in Canada.
- Preparation of manuscripts describing original results, review of literature or new methods for publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Presentation of a succinct scientific project for scholarship applications
- A strategy for writing a coherent and concise PhD thesis or MSc-dissertations through selection of dataset from your years of work, and present it in the context of past literature and future direction
- Oral or a poster presentation of your research-work in a general or field-specific scientific meeting.
Assignments on voluntary basis by participants: (a) Prepare and submit a short scholarship application for assessment and feedback from the Professor; (b) Selected scholarship application will be peer-reviewed by groups of 4-5 participants, who will then make a team presentation of their evaluation with constructive feedback to the applicant.
- Understanding key elements in each mode of scientific communications
- Fast-track skills development with a solid foundation
- Universality of some of the key concepts for successful scientific communication
- Opens the path to make you an effective leader in your field of research
Prof. Girish Shah , is a Full Professor at Université Laval and a senior researcher at CHUQ Hospital Research Centre in Canada, prior to which he worked as a Scientist at the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre in Mumbai. He acquired and perfected scientific communication skills resulting in well-cited papers in reputed journals (https://scholar.google.ca/citations?user=V7nHrzYAAAAJ&hl=en) and invitations to present his work at prestigious international conferences including Gordon Conference and Cold Spring Harbour Symposia. He has extensive experience in review of manuscripts for journals or grant and scholarship applications to many organizations. Many of his students have written theses or dissertations that received the highest ranking and earned a place in the Honour’s list of the Faculty of Higher Studies at Université Laval.
Who can attend?
- Doctoral Fellows
- Post-Doctoral Fellows
- Junior faculty members
- Working professionals
Date of Commencement: March 18, 2023 Time: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (IST)
Frequency: Two classes (75 minutes each ) on Saturday evening Duration of course: 5 weeks
Registration Link: https://forms.gle/RhhFX5xQQ6bBn8wt5
Bank account details for making payment
Name of the Account holder: Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute
|Beneficiary Name: Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute
Beneficiary Address: 1418 Education Tower, 2500 University Dr. NW Calgary, AB T2N 1N4
Bank Name: Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)
Bank Address: CIBC Place - Bankers Hall - Box 2585, 309 - 8th Ave. S.W., Calgary, AB T2P 2P2
Institution No: 010
Account No.: 46-01416
Bank Transit: 00009
Swift Code: CIBCCATT
Those who successfully clear the course evaluation will be awarded a Certificate of Completion by the Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute
The Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute reserves the right to cancel the course with prior notice, if the minimum number of registrants required is not met. In case of cancellation, a full refund of the fees will be paid to the registrant.
Ms Reshma Rana Verma
Ms. Meenakshi Malhotra
Assistant Programme Officer-Administration