In today's cutting-edge world, AI is used from a variety of perspectives. For instance, AI calculations are utilized in Google search algorithms, GPS navigation. AI algorithms are usually just software and have nothing to do with robots. The AI calculations are just one part of the bigger automated framework that combines sensors, actuators, and non-AI programming when controlling robots. Robotics is a field of science that is responsible for designing and creating machines to reduce human effort. The ability of robots to replace manual labour is not limited to just replacing human effort; they can also detect the environment and adapt accordingly. Robots use a combination of hardware and software working in sync with each other.
Artificial intelligence and robotics provide a powerful combination for automating tasks. In recent years, artificial intelligence has become increasingly prevalent in robotic solutions, bringing flexibility and learning capabilities to previously rigid applications. This course will start with a brief introduction to Human Intelligence, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Computational Intelligence (CI) with some suitable examples. The Syllabus of this Course will be taught in 12 hours of online lectures and distributed over in 6 weeks. A proper balance between theory and numerical examples will be maintained.
- A deep dive into Human Intelligence, Artificial Intelligence, and Computational Intelligence (CI);
- The development of intelligent robots using CI's application;
- The merits and demerits of AI and its various potential applications;
- Explanation of the working principles of different types of neural networks with numerical examples;
- Overview of learning algorithms;
- Overview of fuzzy sets and the principle of fuzzy reasoning tools will be explained with numerical examples;
- In-depth introduction to nature-inspired optimization techniques. In particular, Genetic Algorithms (GAs);
- Discussions on the working principles of the combined approaches, namely genetic-fuzzy, genetic-neural, Neuro-fuzzy, and genetic-Neuro-fuzzy systems;
- Familiarity with Robots and robotics;
- Application of AI in robotics to collect information about its environment using cameras and sensors;
- Preparation of an efficient plan while being adaptive and controlling motors efficiently;
- Adaptive Motion Planner, Controller, and Vision System will be evolved, and Multi-Sensors data fusion will be achieved using AI for intelligent Robots.
- At the end of this Course, a Video containing the experimental results of one recently developed Agricultural Robot will be displayed.
- Opportunity to learn about robots, and AI/CI tools and techniques;
- An understanding of Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic-based methods;
- Familiarization with Nature-inspired Optimization Tool;
- Will increase problem-solving skills;
- Induces Creative thinking;
- A launch pad to realize passion;
- Aid to communicate across different technology platforms;
- Preparation for a technological future;
- Provision of foundational skill set for future.
Prof. D.K. Pratihar, IIT Kharagpur, India, obtained his Ph.D. from IIT Kanpur in 2000. He received University Gold Medal, A.M. Das Memorial Medal, Institution of Engineers’ (I) Medal, INSA Teachers’ Award 2020, New Code of Education 2021 Award, Distinguished Alumnus Award 2021 from National Institute of Technology Durgapur, India, and others. He was included among the World’s Top 2% Scientists in the areas of Image Analysis and Artificial Intelligence in a survey carried out by Stanford University, USA, in 2020, 2021. He was declared Outstanding Researcher 2021 in www.research.com. He completed his post-doctoral studies in Japan, and then, in Germany under the Alexander von Humboldt (AvH) Fellowship Programme. He received the Shastri Fellowship (Indo-Canadian Fellowship) to work on humanoid robots. He is working now as a Professor (HAG scale) of IIT Kharagpur, India. His research areas include Robotics, Soft Computing, Manufacturing Science, and others. He has made significant contributions in the field of Computational Intelligence (CI), that is AI using the principle of Soft Computing. He has used AI in Automation, Robotics, Healthcare, Education Technology, and others. He has published 180 research papers in peer reviewed international journals and more than 100 papers in conferences and national journals. He has contributed 23 chapters in edited international books. His h-index values are found to be as follows: 40 (Google Scholar), 31 (Scopus), 27 (Web of Science). He has written the textbooks on “Soft Computing”, “Fundamentals of Robotics”, co-authored another textbook on “Analytical Engineering Mechanics”, edited an International book on “Intelligent Autonomous Systems”, co-authored four research monographs He has developed three on-line NPTEL courses, such as “Traditional and Non-Traditional Optimization Tools”, “Robotics” and “Fuzzy Logic and Neural Networks”. He has guided 25 PhDs. He is in editorial board of six International Journals, and an Associate Editor of one International Journal. He is the founder of Soft Computing Lab. in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and the Centre for Excellence in Robotics, IIT Kharagpur. Read More...
Who can attend?
There is no pre-requisite for this course.
- Doctoral & Post-Doctoral Fellows
- Junior faculty members
- Working professionals
(Open only for Indian and Canadian institutions and entities)
Date of Commencement: December 3, 2022 Time: 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM (IST)
Frequency: Every Saturday(2 hours Class)
Course Fee (Anniversary Offer!!! Avail 54% discount on the Short Term Virtual Course fee)
- 10% Discount on Group Registration of 5 persons & above
Bank account details for making payment
Name of the Account holder: Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute
|Beneficiary Name: Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute
Beneficiary Address: 1418 Education Tower, 2500 University Dr. NW Calgary, AB T2N 1N4
Bank Name: Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)
Bank Address: CIBC Place - Bankers Hall - Box 2585, 309 - 8th Ave. S.W., Calgary, AB T2P 2P2
Institution No: 010
Account No.: 46-01416
Bank Transit: 00009
Swift Code: CIBCCATT
Registration link: https://forms.gle/bkxY8EEzpqj52XhV8
- One online test will be conducted by the Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute at the end of this Course using 50 multiple-choice questions.
- Those who successfully clear the course evaluation will be awarded a Certificate of Completion by the Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute.
Based on the score of this evaluation, the types of certificate to be issued by the Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute are as follows:
>90 = Gold certificate
>75-89 = Silver certificate
>60 –74= Bronze certificate
40-59 = Successfully Completed
The Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute reserves the right to cancel the course with prior notice, if the minimum number of registrants required is not met. In case of cancellation, a full refund of the fees will be paid to the registrant.
Ms Reshma Rana Verma
Ms. Meenakshi Malhotra
Assistant Programme Officer-Administration