Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute is pleased to announce a call for Applications for Shastri Faculty Development Programme For Vocational Education (SFDPVE) faculty members/educational administrators from its Canadian and Indian Member Institutions of good standing to study and learn best practices through collaborationwithrespective Canadian or Indian Institutions. This programme aims to identify faculty from member institutions of SICI providing vocational education to work in close partnership with community (vocational) college system in both countries. This will bring an international perspective to the training imparted to students at Indian institutions. This programme is designed for faculty who wish to bring a change in his/her university by understanding the Canadian/Indian education system, interested to develop curriculum on the pattern of partner country, willing to build up a course and wish to teach a module/part of a course by utilizing online teaching methods. For more details, kindly refer COVID-19 policy of the Institute.
The programme will provide an opportunity for personal enrichment and professional development.It facilitate academic enrichment of facultyfrom Shastri network imparting vocational education up to three weeks with the objective of helping them to understand the pedagogy, skill sets and curriculum of vocational courses available within the Indian/Canadian vocational education system. An Indian faculty will work withCanadian institution, and Canadian faculty will work with Indian institution for this purpose by using suitable communication methods which do not require travel. The three-week long enrichment would enable them to gain sufficient exposure to develop a module on international perspectives which can be introduced to their existing curriculum and pedagogy to prepare the faculty to deal with international labour market.
This is expected from the awardee that s/he will train the people on the basis ofhis/her newly acquired knowledge under this programme. The awardee will conduct workshops to share the enrichment and learnings through the Shastri award with identified institutions in the similar domain through video conference or online seminar/workshop tools. One of the important components of this facilitation would be to train the trainer/resource person in the major areas of vocational education to train a group of faculty to impart advance knowledge and introduce new pedagogy.
As per the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), MHRD has prioritized many areas of vocational education, such as Agriculture, Applied Arts, Automobiles, Communication, Construction, Economic & Finance, Entertainment, Information and Technology, Printing and Publishing, Tourism, and Para Medical.
The SFDPVE programme will involve: -
- Identified faculty from Indian vocational institution will work with Canadian vocational college through suitable remote connectivity tool ;
- Identified faculty from Canadian vocational institution will work with Indian vocational College through suitable remote connectivity tool ;
Under this programme following activities can be proposed/undertaken:
- Train the Trainer
- Conducting Workshops in relevant/priority areas as identified by MHRD, GOI
- Exploring opportunities for collaboration between identified Institutions of vocational learning
Any interesting idea to build-up a joint programme between Indian and Canadian institutions.
Priority Areas of MHRD for Vocational Education (Source: As defined on AICTE website)
- Agriculture: a) Food processing b) Farm Machinery & Power c) Soil and Water conservation d) Green House Technology e) Renewable Energy
- Applied Arts: a) Fashion & Technology b) Interior design c) Jewellery design
- Automobiles: a) Auto Electricals and Electronics b) Engine Testing c) Vehicle Testing d) Vehicle Quality e) Farm Equipment & Machinery
- Communication: Mobile Communication
- Construction: Construction & Building Technology
- Economic & Finance: Retail
- Entertainment: Theatre & Stage Craft
- Information and Technology: Software & Development
- Printing & Publishing: Printing & Packaging Industry
- Tourism: Tourism
- Para Medical
- Faculty from all UGC/ AICTE approved Vocational Colleges, Universities and Polytechnics in India are eligible to apply.
- Faculty from all Federal and Provincial Government approved Vocational Colleges, Universities and Polytechnics in Canada are eligible to apply.
- Complete application along with all required documents at GMS Portal
- Employer’s endorsement is a must for application submission to avoid any unanticipated problem later on.
- Minimum of two reference/support letters to be provided towards your candidature.
- A letter of invitation from the host institution is a must.
- Certificate of Ethical Approval (if applicable).
- The applicant has to provide details on the implementation strategy of the training received in Canada/India.
- Effectiveness of the proposal to the concerned institute in India or Canada (15 points)
- Expected Outcome of the proposal (15 points)
- Objectives and Relevance of the proposal submitted in present era (10 points)
- Educational Profile of the applicant (10 points)
- Budget (Applicant may try to arrange additional contributions from other sources and from his/her own institution also) (10 points)
Code of Ethics:
Please be advised to follow ‘Policy on Academic Integrity and Code of Ethics (PAICE)’ governing the programmes administered by Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute.
Value of Award: 500-1000 CAD (Insofar as not provided by the applicant’s home institution, expenses related to subscription of online meeting software, telephone bills, internet connection, affiliation fee/registration fee to access lab facility or library will be considered, if any).
Applications/Proposal with equal/partial contribution from the candidate’s institutions will have an advantage.
Duration: 3 weeks.
Disbursement of Funds:
- 45% of the award amount will be disbursed upon signing of letter of agreement between SICI and recipient’s institution.
- Second installment of 45% will be disbursed upon submission of mid-term report and expenditure statement and remaining 10% to be released upon submission and approval of a final report to SICI by the recipient.
Application Forms: Apply online at GMS portal
Reporting: Applicable to successful applicant only. Upload your final reports in prescribed format at https://www.sicigms.org/login
Report Format for Indian:
Mid-Term Report: Form
Final Report: Form
Report Format for Canadian:
Mid-Term Report: Coming Soon
Final Report: Coming Soon
Employer Endorsement: Form
Application Deadline: August 17, 2020 by 5:00 pm (IST).
Ms. Reshma Rana Verma
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI)
5 Bhai Vir Singh Marg
New Delhi 110001
Call us at: 011 – 2374 6417; 2374 3114; & 2374 2677
- All the Grants/Fellowships will be subject to receipt of funds from MHRD, Govt. of India.
- *Shastri Institute reserves the right to change Fellowship amount and number of awards.
- Plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- The maximum limit to upload individual file on GMS Portal is 1 MB. Kindly compress your files if exceeding 1 MB size. All files to be submitted/uploaded must be of .pdf file extension (jpeg/jpg etc. are not allowed).
- Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification.
- The decision of Adjudicators with respect to awards will be considered as final decision.