The Shastri Best Paper Awards will be presented annually to Shastri fellows whose work has been published in a peer-reviewed journal with a high impact factor. Ideally, the paper should have appeared in a high-impact factor journal between January 1, 2022, and December 31, 2022. The first authors should submit applications. A significant highlight of the competition is the high quality of the work produced by the SICI awardees and their collaborators.
There will be two categories for the Shastri Best Paper Awards i.e. Science (STEM and allied) and social science (HUSS and allied). Each category will be considered for one award.
- The applicant should be a Shastri fellowship/grant awardee;
- The published paper must be based on a SICI-funded project;
- The publishing date on the journal must be between January 1, 2022, and December 31, 2022;
- Papers co-authored by students and faculty are eligible;
- A paper jointly co-authored by a Canadian and Indian researcher will be seen favorably.
- A cover letter to the Programme Officer clearly stating the paper's significance to the discipline, contribution in conceiving and carrying out the research, and evidence of why the paper should be considered for the award.
- A copy of the published paper with an indication of the published date;
- Proof of being a Shastri Awardee
- The cover letter should be a maximum of 350 words, no longer than one page.
Number of awards: 02 (STEM and allied -01; HUSS and allied-01)
Submission Deadline: December 31, 2022, at 11:59 PM (IST).
Papers will be evaluated on overall quality and potential significance to the field based on the information requested in the cover letter from the first author.
Application Form: Form
Ms. Reshma Rana Verma
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI)
5 Bhai Vir Singh Marg
New Delhi 110001 INDIA
Call us at: 011 – 2374 6417; 2374 3114; & 2374 2677