Shastri Indo Canadian Institute India office is pleased to announce Shastri Membership Development Grant (SMDG) for its Indian Members Council. SMDG is designed to assist Indian member institutions to organize events to support the promotion and expansion of SICI’s activities in their institutions in India. Applications are also encouraged for the activities and Programmes such as Lecture Series, Workshop, Film Shows, Students’ competition and important day celebrations via e-platforms. For more details, kindly refer COVID-19 policy of the Institute.
The SMDG grant could be exclusively used for a single event/stand alone to promote SICI opportunities and other bi-national (India-Canada) activities in IMC institutions. The dissemination may also be linked to other academic events where promotion of SICI’s activities is an integral part of the programme. Applications proposing for Collaborative events from two different funding agencies are also acceptable.Please note that for purposes of all SICI granting programs, ‘research’ shall be deemed to include creative activity conducted within the structures and programs of a member institution.
The desired purpose of SMDG is to publicize and promote SICI mandates as well as programmes and grants offered by SICI Canada and India offices to its IMC Institutions. Applications proposing for Collaborative events from two different funding agencies are also acceptable.
The Universities and institutions are encouraged to consult SICI, to establish a calendar of events so as to avoid overlapping activities and ensuring the spread of activities throughout the year. Shastri Institute may request you to alter your date of academic activity like conference/seminar/workshop etc. if there is any date clash with the institute’s activity. An advance notification must be given prior to the event to enable Shastri Institute with a conviction so that Shastri Institute's representative can attend the workshop/conference for promotional purpose.
Who Can Apply:
The Member Representatives, executive council members or authorized nominees from SICI’s IMC institutions are eligible to apply for this grant to organize one or more SICI Info Event in their respective institutions; the representative may share or delegate the SICI-presentation work with other colleagues from their institute.
Priority will be given to the SMDG grant requests coming in from the designated representatives of SICI’s IMC Institutions or authorized substitute person from the same institution. Applicant from member institutions will receive the grant on a first come first served basis, subject to meeting criteria mentioned above.
The main objective of the grant is to assist member institutions to seize this unique opportunity to use the SMDG grant to widely disseminate information about SICI and its 2020-21 grant opportunities, enabling faculty, student and staff of his /her institution to apply and avail the benefits of being active member of SICI.
- The applicant must be from Indian Member Council of ShastriIndo-Canadian Institute and its constituent colleges /institutes.
- Complete application along with all required documents at GMS Portal
- Detailed proposal of the activity to be carried out with the funding requested under SMDG,
- Curriculum Vitae of the person who will be the in charge of the proposed activity under SMDG,
- Detailed Budget with different components of expenses,
- Employer Endorsement Form.
- SMDG will be used for organizing SICI Info dissemination Event(s) via e-platformat Indian member institutions.
- The Indian applicant, if awarded will receive necessary information package (about SICI and grant programmes) from SICI India Office prior holding the event(s) in their institution.
- Official from SICI would be available (via skype or video conference) to talk about SICI programmes/grants and to answer any queries/clarifications.
- Events / Initiatives must take place prior to March 31, 2021.
Code of Ethics:
Please be advised to follow ‘Policy on Academic Integrity and Code of Ethics (PAICE)’ governing the programmes administered by Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute.
Value: Each member institution that is awarded will receive up to INR 20,000.
- Communication related expenses i.e. Subscription of online meeting software, telephone bills, internet connection, if any.
- E-brochures designing and video-conferencing costs etc.
Disbursement of Funds: Funds will be disbursed upon receipt of the Final report in SICI report format.
Application Forms: Apply online at GMS portal
Reporting: Applicable to successful applicant only.Upload final reports in prescribed format at https://www.sicigms.org/login
Final Report Format :Form
Employer Endorsement Form : Form
Application Deadline: August 17, 2020 by 5:00 pm (IST).
For more information, please contact:
Reshma Rana Verma
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute
5, Bhai Vir Singh Marg
- All the Grants/Fellowships will be subject to receipt of funds from MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Shastri Institute reserves the right to change fellowship amount and number of awards.
- Plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- The maximum limit to upload individual file on GMS Portal is 1 MB. Kindly compress your files if exceeding 1 MB size. All files to be submitted/uploaded must be of .pdf file extension (jpeg/jpg etc. are not allowed).
- Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification.
- The decision of Adjudicators with respect to awards will be considered as final decision.