SICI’s (Shastri Indo Canadian Institute) Canada Office is pleased to announce the SICI Membership Development Fund (SMDF) for its Canadian Members Council (CMC) Institutions in good standing. The desired purpose of SMDF is to publicize and promote SICI mandates, benefits, programs, and grants offered by SICI Canada and Indian offices to its CMC Institutions. The amount of SMDF is up to CAN$500.
We highly recommend that our CMC representatives seize this unique opportunity to use the SMDF grant to disseminate information about SICI and its current grant opportunities within their institutions. The promotion will undoubtedly enable the faculty, students and staff of their institution to apply and avail the benefits of being an active member of SICI.
Please click here: https://www.shastriinstitute.org/canadian-member-institutions to view SICI’s CMC institutions. Also, please note that a priority will be given to the SMDF grant requests coming from the designated representatives of SICI’s CMC institutions (or any other authorized substitute person).
The SMDF grant could be used for a single event to promote SICI opportunities and other bi-national (India-Canada) activities in CMC institutions. However, these grant-related activities may also be linked to public events (academic or cultural) that showcase India-Canada accomplishments, where the promotion of SICI’s actions is an integral part of the program.
As an exception and given the objectives of this program to promote SICI, the Executive Council members who are also CMC representatives of their institutes will be eligible to apply for the SMDF grant in this competition.
Value: Up to CAN$500
Number of Grants: Ten (10)
- Members of authorized nominees from SICI’s CMC Institutions can apply for this grant to organize one or more SICI info events in their respective institutions. The representative may share or delegate the SICI-Presentation work with colleagues from their institute.
- SMDF grant money could be spent covering the costs of tea/coffee/light snacks for the audiences or paying/subsidizing the travel and accommodation costs for the speakers invited for the SMDF event.
- Email your complete electronic application form to email@example.com with the subject line- “SMDF 2023-24”.
Please note that SICI’s Executive Council will evaluate your application based on the following criteria, points and guidelines:
1. Event Topic (3 points)
- Ability to clearly articulate the objectives of the event (2 points)
- Is the topic appealing to a broader audience (1 point)
2. The benefit to the applicant’s institution/department (3 points)
- Ability to link the event to the development of the institution/department (1 point)
- Ability to outline the event’s outcomes (2 points)
3. Relevance to India-Canada relationship (2 points)
- Ability to promote India studies in Canada (1 point)
- Ability to encourage Canada- India collaborations ( 1 point)
4. Visibility of SICI at the event (2 points)
- Demonstrate that plans are in place to showcase SICI activities-programs with promotional materials/presentations, etc. (2 points)
- Refreshment costs (i.e., tea, coffee, soft drinks, snacks, etc., Alcohol is not allowed.
- Supplement the travel and or accommodation costs for invited speakers, panellists, etc.,
Disbursement of Funds:
- Funds will be disbursed upon receipt of the SMDF report in the SICI report form.
- Disbursement of Funds:
Application Deadline: Open
Application Form: Form
Report Form: Form
For more information, please email Mahmuda Aldeen at SICI Calgary Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)