Programme is now closed for the year 2022-23
The Mitacs-SICI Globalink Research Awards can provide funding for research collaborations between Canadian and SICI member institutions. This program can be used to support large scale research collaborations (up to 5 interns per application) between SICI’s Indian and Canadian member institutions, as well as individual research projects. Eligible participants (Master’s, PhD, Postdocs) from India and Canada (each way) apply to conduct joint research projects with academic collaborators/supervisors at SICI’s Indian / Canadian member universities for a period of 12-24 weeks (25% of the time can be spent at the home institution). Master’s or Ph.D Students and Post-doctoral fellows from SICI member Institutions in India and Canada will travel to the other country to work on research projects at SICI Member Institutions for 12-24 weeks
This is a competitive opportunity and a limited number of awards are available.
The Applicant must:
- Be registered as full-time Master’s, Ph.D. student, or postdoctoral fellow at an eligible Indian/ Canadian university or institution and remain as such throughout their Globalink Research Award. Postdoctoral fellows may apply if their date of graduation from a PhD program is no more than 5 years prior to the proposed start date of the research project.
- Be from SICI member institutions.
- Not undertake a research project at an institution where they have previously completed a degree and/or been employed.
- Be the legal age of majority in India /Canada (18 years of age or older)
- Meet travel requirements for their intended destination, including visa and/or immigration requirements and associated documentation
- Not be previously awarded a Globalink Research Award
Host Supervising Professors
- Must hold a faculty position at a Canadian/ Indian university
- Must be eligible to supervise graduate students and hold funding from Tri-Council / any other Government body/ agency in India / Canada
Home Supervising Professors
- Must be recognized faculty members at their Indian / Canadian institutions
- Must be eligible to supervise graduate students in India / Canada
1. Review all eligibility and award guidelines on Mitacs’s website: https://www.mitacs.ca/en/programs/globalink/globalink-research-award
2. Participants connect with one another to discuss project interest. Please note that Mitacs and SICI cannot connect interested applicants.
3. Academic supervisors at Canadian institutions obtain endorsement from the Canadian institution before preparing the application. Please contact your local Mitacs Business Development representative for more information on what kind of endorsement is required for your project, and how to receive the application package.
Projects that are being proposed with SICI do not require co-funding from the Canadian university. The Vice President Research (VPR) or designate signature is not required. The Office of Research Services (ORS) or designate signature will be required on all completed applications. Applicants should allow 1-3 weeks to obtain the appropriate signatures.
4. Complete the application package: in addition to completing all the fields in the application form, applicants will be required to submit a research proposal.
5. Submit your complete application package:
Academic supervisors at Canadian institutions must submit the complete application package by email to their local Mitacs Business Development representative. Please note that applications should be submitted with at least 16 weeks prior to earliest travel dates to account for application processing, joint review, and external visa/logistic delays.
- The application form should not be scanned and must be submitted in its original, fillable format
- Sections 6 & 7 may be submitted as a separate scanned PDF, if digital signatures cannot be obtained
Outline supervisory and/or financial support for the intern and project
Describe the intern’s academic and research qualities, outstanding achievements, and ability to complete the project
3.Intern Code of Conduct and Ethics of Mitacs (Inbound) (Outbound) and Policy on Academic Integrity and Code of Ethics (PAICE) governing the programmes administered by Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute.
*These forms can be submitted after the submission of the application; however, funds will not be released until Mitacs receives these forms.
Value of Award: 6000 CAD (Subject to receipt of funds from the Government of India)
This includes student airfare, visa, medical insurance, living stipend, research related costs, student stipend, accommodation costs, programming, evaluation, professional development, administration, and research costs.
Deadline: The Programme is open to receive applications throughout the year. However, once the numbers of designated awards are made, programme will close. Applicants are advised to apply at their earliest to secure an award.
Duration: 12 to 24 weeks
Senior Programme Officer- Finance
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI)
5 Bhai Vir Singh Marg
New Delhi 110001 INDIA
Call us at: 011 – 2374 6417; 2374 3114; & 2374 2677
Contact email@example.com for more information