Shastri Mobility Programme for Curriculum Development- Agriculture

Programme is now closed for the year 2023-24 (Click Here for the Result)

Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute is pleased to announce a call for applications for Shastri Mobility Programme for Agriculture Scientists for strengthening skills and excellence. This programme will play a crucial role in globalizing the syllabi/curricula taught at institutions in India. It will also enrich the profiles of faculty members and scientists and foster greater collaborations between the collaborators. Additionally, this opportunity will lead to a global culture of learning, building connections, and expanding horizons.

The application can be submitted by any faculty members/ scientists from its Indian Member Institutions of good standing to develop a curriculum in collaboration with Canadian partner. A narrative proposal should describe the rationale for the curriculum development (need, objectives, impact) and describe the content of the new or revised course.


  • Develop expertise and diversify academic programmes such as courses or curriculum at university/institution.
  • Design new courses with a cross-national, interdisciplinary, and comparative focus
  • To learn about the host country's best practices and building connections to collaborate with agricultural scientists in Canada
  • Opportunity for personal enrichment and professional development
  • Empowering connections with similar institutions working in Canada 
  • Bringing international perspectives to Indian agricultural education curricula


  • The applicant should be a full-time faculty member/scientist from SICI‘s Indian member institution in good standing from India.
  • Faculty members from Indian member institutions of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute and their constituent colleges/ institutes are eligible to apply for this grant.

Host Institution/Professor

It is the applicant's responsibility to contact appropriate faculty members or experts who are willing to collaborate on curriculum development in similar domains from member institutions of SICI in Canada.

Application Requirements:

  • Complete application form along with all required documents at  on or before May 8, 2024, 11:59 PM (IST).
  • Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
  • Curriculum Vitae of the applicant not more than 2 pages
  • Employer’s endorsement is a must for application submission to avoid any unanticipated problems later on.
  • A minimum of two reference/support letters are to be provided towards your candidature for the award mentioning your calibre.
  • A letter of invitation from the host institution is a must.
  • Certificate of Ethical Approval (if applicable).

Code of Ethics:

Please be advised to follow ‘Policy on Academic Integrity and Code of Ethics (PAICE)’ governing the programmes administered by Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute.

Value of Award: 750 CAD per week

No. of awards:  Shastri Institute may change the award number on the basis of the applications and proposals received.

Duration: 3 weeks

Disbursement of Funds:

90% of the award amount will be disbursed upon signing of the letter of agreement between SICI and the recipient’s institution and the remaining 10% to be released upon submission and approval of a final report to SICI by the recipient.

Application Forms: Form 

Employer Endorsement Form


Send a complete application package with the subject line “Shastri Mobility Programme For Curriculum Development (Agriculture)” to

Reporting: Applicable to successful applicants only. The prescribed format is available at Email your mid-term and final report to

Report Format 

Mid-Term Report: Form

Final Report:  Form

Application Deadline:  May 8, 2024, 11:59 PM (IST)

Contact Address:

Dr. Reshma | Programme Officer
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI)
5 Bhai Vir Singh Marg | New Delhi 110001 INDIA
Call us at: 011 – 2374 6417; 2374 3114; & 2374 2677

Important Note:

  1. Shastri Institute reserves the right to change the award amount and number.
  2. Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
  3. The maximum limit of the application file is 1 MB. Kindly compress your files if exceeding 1 MB in size. All files to be submitted must be of .pdf file extension (jpeg/jpg etc. are not allowed).
  4. The decision of Adjudicators concerning awards will be considered the Final decision.