SCLSG-Lecture Series/ Workshop/Seminar 2022-23

Programme is now closed for the year 2022-23  Click for the Result  

The Institute invites one or more SICI member institutions from India and Canada to come forward with a proposal that includes a collaboration of experts in their respective fields contributing innovative ideas for holding a bi-national lecture series/workshop/seminar. The bi-national lecture series/workshop/seminar grant intends to support events that propose to bring outstanding practitioners or academicians from all domains of knowledge but are encouraged in the following areas:

  • Urban Issues/Sustainability
  • Digital Technologies
  • Gender Mainstreaming
  • Indigeneity and Decolonisation
  • Clean Energy
  • Green Economy
  • Waste to Wealth
  • Right to Breathe Good Air
  • Law and Governance
  • Economic Recovery during and after the Pandemic
  • Shastri Ji and his ideologies, etc

The event can be organised in a hybrid model to advance academic efforts to mull over a specific issue and conclude with a possible solution. The stakeholders are encouraged to work with business and industry in the areas of the proposed activities, including national, state, and local governments, as well as organisations or agencies from civil society. Such collaborations will lead to a better understanding between Canadian and Indian researchers and the academic community working on similar topics. To qualify for this award, there must be a direct contribution from the institution's parent organization or collaborating institution. 

Value of Grant: INR 25,000 (approx. CAD 425)

Number of Awards: Fifteen (15)

Eligibility criteria

1)    The applicant should be a full-time faculty/educational administrator from SICI‘s member institution in good standing
2)    The constituent colleges/institutes of member institutions of SICI are also eligible to apply for this grant.
3)    The proposed activity must include one Canadian and one Indian institution and industry and other civil body partnerships. 

Application Form
Send the application form to after filling out the details.

Disbursement of Funds
85% of the lecture series/workshop/seminar grant money will be disbursed upon signing the letter of agreement between SICI and the recipient's institution. The remaining 15% will be released upon submission of the report organised by the grantee.

Application Form: Form 
Report Format: Form 
Employer Endorsement: Form 

Application Deadline: December 30, 2022, 11:59 PM (IST). 

Send a proposal indicating the programme's name in the email's subject line at


Ms. Reshma Rana Verma
Programme Officer
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI)
5 Bhai Vir Singh Marg
New Delhi 110001 INDIA
Call us at: 011 – 2374 6417; 2374 3114; 2374 2677; & +91-8882315503


●    The event must take place before March 15, 2023.
●    Applicants for lecture series/workshops/seminars must be full-time faculty affiliated with member institutions of SICI.
●    SICI encourages matching grants from other sources.
●    The currency unit used to prepare itemised budgets must be INR or CAD.
●    Overhead charges/administrative costs/self-honorarium and equipment purchases are not permissible.
●    Grants will be transferred to the institutional accounts of the winner.
●    SICI has the right to decrease or increase the number of grant awards.