Programme is now closed for the year 2022-23 Click for the Result
By sponsoring research and academic events in Canada and India, the Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute's broad-based initiative aims to foster the development of bi-national relationships between academics, the government, the corporate sector, and civil society organisations. In addition, SICI continues to work with member institutions through programmes, grants, and other initiatives to promote connections in the corridors of higher learning between the two countries.
To advance academic endeavours such collaborations will help better understand Canadian and Indian scientists/researchers and the academic fraternity working on similar issues.
The Institute invites participation from scientists/researchers and faculty members engaging one or more-member institution(s) of SICI from India and Canada, including an alliance of subject matter experts from both countries to bring forth innovative ideas and activities. Proposals are invited from scientists/researchers/faculty members in all domains of knowledge but encouraged in the following areas.
- One health including mental and public health;
- Ocean and Marine life, including Fisheries, Oil and Gas and Clean Energy;
- Artificial Intelligence & Robotics;
- Climate Change- its Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability;
- Arts and Culture, Conservation and Preservation of Heritage
Stakeholders are encouraged to work with business and industry in the areas of the proposed activities, including national, state, and local governments, as well as organisations or agencies from civil society. To qualify for this award, there must be a direct contribution from the institution's parent organization or collaborating institution.
Value of Grant: INR 50,000 (approx. CAD 850)
Number of Awards: Fifteen (15)
The applicant should be a full-time faculty/educational administrator from SICI‘s member institution in good standing. Their constituent colleges/institutes are also eligible to apply for this grant.
Fill in the details in the application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disbursement of Funds
85% of the symposia and conference money will be disbursed upon signing the letter of agreement between SICI and the recipient's institution. The remaining 15% will be released upon submission of the report organised by the grantee.
Application Form: Form
Report Format: Form
Employer Endorsement: Form
Application Deadline: December 30, 2022, 11:59 PM (IST).
Send a proposal indicating the programme's name in the email's subject line at email@example.com
● The event must take place before March 15, 2023.
● Applicants for Conference/Workshop and Lecture Series must be full-time faculty affiliated with member institutions of SICI.
● SICI encourages matching grants from other sources.
● The currency unit to prepare itemised budgets must be INR or CAD.
● Overhead charges/administrative costs/self-honorarium and equipment purchases are not permissible.
● Grants will be transferred to the institutional accounts of the winner.
● SICI has the right to decrease or increase the number of grant awards
Ms Reshma Rana Verma
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI)
5 Bhai Vir Singh Marg
New Delhi 110001 INDIA
Call us at: 011 – 2374 6417; 2374 3114; 2374 2677; & +91-8882315503