Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute is pleased to announce a call for Applications for Shastri Institutional Collaborative Research Grant (SICRG) 2017-18 from the faculty members/academics of all disciplines from SICI’s Canadian and Indian Member Institution. This grant is to support and encourage Institutional collaboration in R&D for a period of two years in the areas in which Institutions from SICI’s Indian and Canadian Member Council can benefit. This grant intends to fill information gaps for policy makers and others influencing the policy-making process.
In general applications from all domains of studies like Social Sciences and Humanities, Arts, Commerce & Management and STEM subjects are accepted. However, applications are encouraged in the focus areas of SICI and priority areas of MHRD, Govt. of India i.e. Food Security and Sustainable Development, Water Resource Management, Gender, Bi-lateral Trade and Investment, Energy and Environmental Sciences, Securing Future of Children and Youth, Higher Education, Agricultural Science & Technology, Teacher Education and Training, Health Sciences, Nursing, Marine Sciences and Ocean Studies is invited under this programme. The Institute in its broader ambit also includes vocational education as specified in the Xth Addendum of the MoU.
Applications can be submitted by any Faculty from Indian Institution or Canadian Institution who are in the Member Council of the Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute. The project proposal must clearly address the feasibility of the proposed project with an undertaking to complete it within the stipulated period of two years commencing from the date of notification of the award. The Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute provides grant to start the research at a rudimentary level so it is appreciative that the applicant may try to arrange additional contributions from other sources and from his/her own institution also.
- Proposed SICRG projects must involve a bi-national research initiative in any of the fields mentioned above.
- Faculty members/academics/researchers of Canadian and Indian member institutions are eligible to apply for this grant. A list of SICI member institutions is available at the link provided here: http://www.sici.org.in/index.php?page=member-institutions .
- The applicant and co-applicant should be a full-time faculty member of a Canadian or Indian member institution.
- The Applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada or India.
- The receipt of the award is a faculty from an Institution of good standing either from India or Canada who are in the Member Council of SICI.
- Applicant must involve young faculty/research scholars/students in the proposed project.
- Completed electronic application along with all required documents should be submitted to http://shastriinstitute.org/gms/ on or before 23rd July 2017by 5:00pm (IST) and with a mention of programme name in the subject line “Application for Shastri Institutional Collaborative Research Grant (SICRG) 2017-18”.
- As part of the Project Proposal please submit the following information electronically in a single PDF file:
- Project Title
- Project Description: (Abstract; Proposal; Schedule including recent and projected activities, names of participants, and articles, monographs, books etc. published in the past year;
- Project Director/ Canadian partner(s): Curriculum Vitae: 5 pages maximum;
- Budget: Detailed description and justification of anticipated expenses, as well as the disclosure of other funding sources, including funding requested from SICI.
- Support in terms of in-kind contribution in the budgetary outlay.
- Late and incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- Employer’s endorsement is must for the proposal submission to avoid any unanticipated problem later on.
Number of Awards: 5 (Five)*
Value of Award: *
INR 10, 00,000 (disbursement of grant will be in two equal installment of 5 lakh each year).
(Additional Contributions from the applicants’ institutions to the project are encouraged).
Duration: The period of collaborative research projects will be two (2) years.
Disbursement of Funds:
The project grant for the first year will be disbursed upon signing of letter of agreement between SICI and recipient’s institution. In the second year 85% of the grant will be released after submission of narrative report for the year 2017-18, utilization certificate for 2017-18 and proposed budget for 2018-19. The remaining 15% will be released upon submission and approval of a final report to SICI by the recipient.
Note: Project grant will be transferred in the bank account of the Institution/university of the applicant.
Completed application must be submitted no later than 23rd July, 2017.
Programme Officer (Please mention the programme name clearly)
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI)
5 Bhai Vir Singh Marg
New Delhi 110001
Call us at: 011 – 2374 6417; 2374 3114; & 2374 2677
- All the Grants/Fellowships will be subject to receipt of funds from MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Shastri Institute reserves the right to change Fellowship amount and number of awards.
- In case the applicant faces trouble in registration or uploading file on the GMS , please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The maximum limit to upload application file on GMS Portal is 10 MB. Kindly compress your files if exceeding 10 MB.