Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute is pleased to announce a call for Applications for Shastri Institutional Collaborative Research Grant (SICRG) from the faculty members/academics of all disciplines from SICI’s Canadian and Indian Member Institution. This grant is to support and encourage Institutional collaboration in R&D for a period of two years in the areas in which Institutions from SICI’s Indian and Canadian Member Council can benefit. This grant intends to fill information gaps for policy makers and others influencing the policy-making process. Proposals can be developed and submitted from all domains of knowledge/disciplines under this programme.
Applications can be submitted by Faculty from Indian or Canadian Institution, who are in the Member Council of the Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute. The project proposal must clearly address the feasibility of the proposed project with an undertaking to complete it within the stipulated period of two years commencing from the date of notification of the award. The Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute provides grant to start the research at a rudimentary level, so it is appreciative that the applicant may try to arrange additional contributions from other sources and from his/her own institution also.
Note: We encourage research work done remotely and travel should be undertaken only if necessary. International travel should only be proposed for the 2nd year of research or at a later stage, and not during the first year. For more details, kindly refer COVID-19 policy of the Institute.
- Proposed SICRG projects must involve a bi-national research initiative in any of the fields mentioned above.
- Faculty members/academics/researchers of Canadian and Indian member institutions of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute and their constituent colleges /institutes are eligible to apply for this grant.
- The applicant and co-applicant should be a full-time faculty member of a Canadian or Indian member institution.
- Applicant must involve young faculty/research scholars/students in the proposed project.
- Submission of complete application form along with all required documents at GMS Portal on or before August 17, 2020 by 5:00 pm (IST).
- Project Proposal includes:-
- Project Title
- Project Description: (abstract; proposal; schedule including recent and projected activities, names of participants, and articles, monographs, books etc. published in the past year;
- Project Director/ Canadian partner(s):Curriculum Vitae: 5 pages maximum;
- Detailed description and justification of anticipated expenses, as well as the disclosure of other funding sources, including funding requested from SICI.
- Support in terms of in-kind contribution in the budgetary outlay.
- This programme does not support the overhead charges
- SICRG grant cannot be used to procure apparatus, gadget, hardware and peripherals like printer, photocopier etc.
- Employer’s endorsement is required from both the Lead and Co-applicant’s institution.
- Certificate of Ethical Approval (if applicable)
Budget & Funding:
The major components of the budget are enlisted below to help in formulating the budget.
- Salaries And Benefits
- Materials And Supplies
- Workshops/Seminars/Conferences (all through virtual mode)
Note: The applicant has to justify the item wise project budget and has to defend why the funders should approve it. There must be reasonable relationship between the proposed budget and the stated goals of the project.
What is covered under funding?
- SICRG budget supports travel, stay and food for the researchers working on the project.
- Budget for Workshop/Conference/Seminar related to the theme of the project.
- Travel and stipend of doctoral/ post-doctoral scholars.
- International travel of Indian/Canadian scholars to carry out necessary research work in India/Canada, if necessary.
- Contingency for accessories, video recording, field work, documentation, translation, local travel in India/Canada, consumables, chemicals, license cost for software wherever it is essential to carry out research, miscellaneous, etc.
What is NOT covered under funding?
- Major equipment: It is expected that the equipment already exists in the research groups or will be procured through the funding from the complimentary ongoing projects. Procurement of laptop, desktop, printer, camera and any other electronic gadget is not allowed.
Code of Ethics:
Please be advised to follow ‘Policy on Academic Integrity and Code of Ethics (PAICE)’ governing the programmes administered by Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute.
Value of Award:
INR 10, 00,000 (disbursement of grant will be in two equal installment of 5 lakh each year).
(Additional Contributions from the applicants’ institutions to the project are encouraged).
Duration: The period of collaborative research projects will be two (2) years.
Disbursement of Funds:
The project grant for the first year will be disbursed upon signing of letter of agreement between SICI and recipient’s institution. In the second year 85% of the grant will be released after submission of narrative report for the year 2020-21, utilization certificate for 2020-21 and proposed budget for 2021-22. The remaining 15% will be released upon submission and approval of a final report to SICI by the recipient.
Note: Project grant will be transferred in the bank account of the Institution/university of the applicant.
Application Forms: Apply online at GMS portal
Reporting: Upload first and second year report in prescribed format at https://www.sicigms.org/login
Report Format : Form
Employer Endorsement: Form
Application Deadline: August 17, 2020 by 5:00 pm (IST).
Ms. Reshma Rana Verma
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI)
5 Bhai Vir Singh Marg
New Delhi 110001 INDIA
Call us at: 011 – 2374 6417; 2374 3114; & 2374 2677
- All the Grants/Fellowships will be subject to receipt of funds from MHRD, Govt. of India.
- * Shastri Institute reserves the right to change fellowship amount and number of awards.
- Plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- In case the applicant faces trouble in registration or uploading file on the GMS , please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The maximum limit to upload individual file on GMS Portal is 1 MB. Kindly compress your files if exceeding 1 MB size. All files to be submitted/uploaded must be of .pdf file extension (jpeg/jpg etc. are not allowed).
- Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification.
- The decision of Adjudicators with respect to awards will be considered as final decision.
View Sample Proposal Here : https://www.shastriinstitute.org/sites/default/files/application_SICRG.pdf