Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute is pleased to announce a call for applications for Shastri Research Student Fellowship (SRSF) for Bachelor, Masters, M. Phil students enrolled in degree programmes in recognised Indian & Canadian universities or institutions to undertake research in areas/ fields in which scholars may desire/require research experience and to take up or pursue an e-course (module/part of a course), or do an e-internship at Indian/Canadian universities which falls under SICI network.
This Programme will provide an opportunity for a transformative educational experience. Scholars will get exposure to international research practiceswhich will bring lifelong benefits to the individual trainees as well as to the institutions with which they will be interacting via cloud platform. For more details, kindly refer COVID-19 policy of the Institute.
The online training and exposure will broaden understanding of research techniques, principles, and interdisciplinary approaches and thus will expand their scholarly horizons. Such an experience will also provide invaluable insights into the nature of the bi-national academic community and may often result in lifelong friendships and a broad bi-national professional network. Proposals can be developed around all domains of knowledge/subjects under SRSF fellowship.
- Content of the proposal should be based on subject matter concerning India or Canada. The proposed research must demonstrate clearly how the study will benefit Canada or India.
- Candidates who have already been to India/Canada for studies/training/ specialization on other scholarships for a period six months or exceeding six months are eligible to apply only after a gap of two years as on 'date' after returning from county of fellowship.
- As per requirement of the programme, the applicant and host affiliate from partner country must be from member institutions of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute.
- Applicant must be from member institution of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute or from constituent colleges/ institutes of its membersthat falls under Shastri network.
- The applicant should have obtained at least 65% marks.
- The applicant should not be enrolled for another degree/diploma simultaneously.
- Students enrolled in Bachelor degree and Masters with minimum of one semester/ six months completed from Canadian University/ Institution are eligible with one to three semesters remaining in their programme after availing fellowship.
- Students pursuing M. Phil should have completed minimum of one semester of the degree/course.
- An applicant who is pursuing Masters should have completed minimum of one semester or six months of degree
- Complete application form along with all required documents at GMS Portal on or before August 17, 2020 by 5:00 pm (IST).
- Applicant should obtain ‘No Objection/ Bonafide certificate from his/her Institution before applying.
- A letter of invitation/affiliation from the host faculty is must and the affiliate should be from member institution of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute.
- Minimum of two reference/support letters to be provided towards your candidature for the award.
- Official transcripts/photocopies from the University for All Years of completed study.
- Educational certificate is to be submitted from Senior Secondary onwards.
- The applicant should be proficient in oral and written English.
- Certificate of Ethical Approval (if applicable).
Code of Ethics:
Please be advised to follow ‘Policy on Academic Integrity and Code of Ethics (PAICE)’ governing the programmes administered by Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute.
Value of Award: 500-1000 CAD (Insofar as not provided by the applicant’s home institution, expenses related to subscription of online meeting software, telephone bills, internet connection, affiliation fee/registration fee to access lab facility or library will be considered, if any)
Duration: Up to 8-12 weeks for students.
Disbursement of Funds:
The stipendwill be disbursed in two equal installments. The first installment will be released upon signing of letter of agreement between SICI and recipient’s institution. The 2nd installment of stipend will be released upon submission of mid-term progress report. The remaining 10% of the award money will be released upon submission and approval of a final report to SICI by the recipient.
Application Forms: Apply online at GMS portal
Reporting: Applicable to successful applicant only.Upload midterm and final reports in prescribed format at https://www.sicigms.org/login
Report Format for Indian:
Mid-Term Report: Form
Final Report: Form
Report Format for Canadian:
Mid-Term Report: Form
Final Report: Form
No Objection Certificate/Bonafide Certificate: Form
Application Deadline: August 17, 2020 by 5:00 pm (IST).
Ms. Reshma Rana Verma
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI)
5 Bhai Vir Singh Marg
New Delhi 110001 INDIA
Call us at: 011 – 2374 6417; 2374 3114; & 2374 2677
- All the Grants/Fellowships will be subject to receipt of funds from MHRD, Govt. of India.
- * Shastri Institute reserves the right to change fellowship amount and number of awards.
- Plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- In case the applicant faces trouble in registration or uploading file on the GMS , please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The maximum limit to upload individual file on GMS Portal is 1 MB. Kindly compress your files if exceeding 1 MB size. All files to be submitted/uploaded must be of .pdf file extension (jpeg/jpg etc. are not allowed).
- Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification.
- The decision of Adjudicators with respect to awards will be considered as final decision.