GTranslate

GOLDEN JUBILEE CONFERENCE AND LECTURE SERIES GRANT (GJCLSG)

Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI) is pleased to invite proposals for online conferences and lecture series in the priority areas of Government of India from its 117 Indian member institutions and 39 Canadian member institutions. Started in 2018, these grants are a part of SICI’s golden jubilee programme series which aims to encourage its members to build-up bi-national component in collaboration with other institutions. There will be twenty (20) conference grant and ten (10) lecture series grants.

Please note that these conferences and lecture series will be conducted via online mode.  For more details, kindly refer COVID-19 policy of the Institute.

A) CONFERENCE GRANT – 2020-21

The conference grant proposal should clearly demonstrate how the theme and activities will contribute to research in proposed areas. Involvement of more than one institution is greatly appreciated and welcomed. The applicant must provide appropriate rationalization towards his/her contribution or interest to develop the suggested conference. The conference grant will cover honorarium for resource person/s and miscellaneous expenses like webcasting and other charges.

Value of Grant:  INR 1, 10,000 (One Lakh Ten Thousand Only)

B) LECTURE SERIES GRANT – 2020-21

As a part of SICI’s golden jubilee programme series, Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI) is pleased to invite proposals individually or collaboratively for the Lecture Series that aims to engage distinguished scholars, Nobel Laureates or eminent personalities from India and Canada speaking on subject matters important for our institutions such as, industry, finance, education, health, technology and society at-large. These grants will also support lectures by distinguished scholars based on the ideologies of Mahatma Gandhi - the Father of the Nation - on his 150th Birth anniversary and Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri-the second Prime minister of India on his 116th birth anniversary at SICI’s member institutions. Priority will be given to collaborative proposals involving institutions in India and Canada. The grant will cover honoraria for the speaker, and any other minor miscellaneous expenses depending on country (India/Canada).

Value of Grant: INR 15,000 - 20, 000 (Fifteen Thousand to Twenty Thousand)

Thematic areas

Proposals for the conference and lecture series are invited under below mentioned themes which are priority areas of Government of India and Canada:

Sustainable Habitat, Water Resources and River Systems, Environmental Science and Climate Change, Nano – Technology, New Age Technology, Urban Issues/Sustainability, Digital Technologies, Gender Mainstreaming, Indigeneity and Decolonization, One Health, Ocean and Marine life (including fisheries, oil and gas, and clean energy), Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Agriculture and Farming, Clean Energy, Green Economy, Waste to Wealth, Right to Breathe Good Air, Law and Governance, Life after the Pandemic, 150 years of Gandhi, 550 years of Guru Nanak ji.

Eligibility criteria

The applicant should be a full-time faculty/Educational administrator of SICI‘s member institution in a good standing and their constituent colleges/ institutes are also eligible to apply for this grant.

Application form

Fill-in the details in the application form and send it to siciapplications@sici.org.in.

Disbursement of Funds

90% of Conference Grant/Lecture Series Grant money will be disbursed upon signing of letter of agreement between SICI and recipient’s institution and remaining 10% to be released upon submission of report organized by the grantee.

Application Form : Form 

Report Format: Form 

Employer EndorsementForm 

Application Deadline: 

A detailed proposal along with all relevant documents should be submitted no later than December 8, 2020, 11:59 PM (IST)

Contact Address:

Ms. Reshma Rana Verma

Programme Officer
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI)
5 Bhai Vir Singh Marg
New Delhi 110001 INDIA
Call us at: 011 – 2374 6417; 2374 3114; 2374 2677; & +91-8882315503
Email: siciapplications@sici.org.in

Note:

  • The conference and lecture must take place before March 15, 2021.
  • Applicants for both Conference and Lecture Series grants must be full-time faculty affiliated with member institution of SICI.
  • SICI encourages matching grant from other sources.
  • Unit of currency used in preparation of itemized budgets must be INR or CAD.
  • Overhead charges/administrative costs and purchase of equipment is not permissible
  • Grants will be transferred to institutional accounts of winner
  • SICI has the right to decrease or increase number of grants