Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute is pleased to announce a call for Applications for Shastri Institutional Collaborative Research Grant (SICRG) 2019-21 from the faculty members/academics of all disciplines from SICI’s Canadian and Indian Member Institution. This grant is to support and encourage Institutional collaboration in R&D for a period of two years in the areas in which Institutions from SICI’s Indian and Canadian Member Council can benefit. This grant intends to fill information gaps for policy makers and others influencing the policy-making process.
In general applications from all domains of studies like Social Sciences and Humanities, Arts, Commerce & Management and STEM subjects are accepted. However, applications are encouraged in the focus areas of SICI and priority areas of MHRD, Govt. of India i.e. Food Security and Sustainable Development, Water Resource Management, Gender, Bi-lateral Trade and Investment, Energy and Environmental Sciences, Securing Future of Children and Youth, Higher Education, Agricultural Science & Technology, Teacher Education and Training, Health Sciences, Nursing, Marine Sciences and Ocean Studies is invited under this programme. The Institute in its broader ambit also includes vocational education as specified in the Xth Addendum of the MoU. Please note that for purposes of all SICI granting programs, ‘research’ shall be deemed to include creative activity conducted within the structures and programs of a member institution.
Applications can be submitted by any Faculty from Indian Institution or Canadian Institution who are in the Member Council of the Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute. The project proposal must clearly address the feasibility of the proposed project with an undertaking to complete it within the stipulated period of two years commencing from the date of notification of the award. The Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute provides grant to start the research at a rudimentary level so it is appreciative that the applicant may try to arrange additional contributions from other sources and from his/her own institution also.
- Proposed SICRG projects must involve a bi-national research initiative in any of the fields mentioned above.
- Faculty members/academics/researchers of Canadian and Indian member institutions are eligible to apply for this grant. A list of SICI member institutions is available at the link provided here: https://www.shastriinstitute.org/member-council .
- The applicant and co-applicant should be a full-time faculty member of a Canadian or Indian member institution.
- The receipt of the award is a faculty from an Institution of good standing either from India or Canada who are in the Member Council of SICI.
- Applicant must involve young faculty/research scholars/students in the proposed project.
- Submission of complete application form along with all required documents at GMS Portal https://www.sicigms.org/login on or before August 28, 2019 by 5:00pm (IST).
- Project Proposal includes:-
- Project Title
- Project Description: (Abstract; Proposal; Schedule including recent and projected activities, names of participants, and articles, monographs, books etc. published in the past year;
- Project Director/ Canadian partner(s): Curriculum Vitae: 5 pages maximum;
- Detailed description and justification of anticipated expenses, as well as the disclosure of other funding sources, including funding requested from SICI.
- Support in terms of in-kind contribution in the budgetary outlay.
- This programme does not support the overhead charges
- SICRG grant cannot be used to procure apparatus, gadget, hardware and peripherals like printer, photocopier etc.
- Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- Employer’s endorsement is must for the proposal submission to avoid any unanticipated problem later on. Employer Endorsement is required from both the Lead and Co-applicant’s institution.
- Certificate of Ethical Approval (if applicable)
- Copy of the Passport
Value of Award: INR 10, 00,000 (disbursement of grant will be in two equal installment of 5 lakh each year).
(Additional Contributions from the applicants’ institutions to the project are encouraged).
Duration: The period of collaborative research projects will be two (2) years.
Disbursement of Funds:
The project grant for the first year will be disbursed upon signing of letter of agreement between SICI and recipient’s institution. In the second year 85% of the grant will be released after submission of narrative report for the year 2019-20, utilization certificate for 2019-20 and proposed budget for 2020-21. The remaining 15% will be released upon submission and approval of a final report to SICI by the recipient.
Note: Project grant will be transferred in the bank account of the Institution/university of the applicant.
Application Forms: Apply online at GMS portal https://www.sicigms.org/login
Reporting: Applicable to successful applicant only. Upload first year report and second year report in prescribed format at https://www.sicigms.org/login
Report Format : Form
Employer Endorsement: Form
Application Deadline: August 28, 2019
Ms. Reshma Rana Verma
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI)
5 Bhai Vir Singh Marg
New Delhi 110001
Call us at: 011 – 2374 6417; 2374 3114; & 2374 2677
- All the Grants/Fellowships will be subject to receipt of funds from MHRD, Govt. of India.
- *Shastri Institute reserves the right to change Fellowship amount and number of awards.
- In case the applicant faces trouble in registration or uploading file on the GMS , please write to us at email@example.com
- The maximum limit to upload individual file on GMS Portal is 1 MB. Kindly compress your files if exceeding 1 MB size.
- Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification.
- The decision of Adjudicators with respect to awards will be considered as Final decision.