Shastri Indo Canadian Institute India office is pleased to announce Shastri Publication Grant (SPG) for its Indian Members Council (IMC) and Canadian Members Council (CMC) of SICI. The purpose of this grant is to encourage scholarly Publications like books which are critical in nature, festschrifts volumes, working papers, and policy papers. This is a competitive grant designed to assist the publication on topics relevant to the themes where Shastri Institute promotes research via various activities. Please note that for purposes of all SICI granting programs, ‘research/training/activity‘ shall be deemed to include creative activity conducted within the structures and programs of a member institution.
Who Can Apply
- Faculty, Researchers and students from Member institutions of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute can apply for the grant.
- For manuscripts written by two or more authors at least half of the authors must be from SICI’s Indian member institution and half of them should be Canadian Institution.
Works Considered for Publication Grant
- SICI provides grants for the publication of Monographs, Collective works, Critical editions of books and bibliographies, Reference works and documentary collections, Working papers, Policy papers and translation of scholarly works.
- We do not provide grants for the publication of Theses, Conference proceedings, Scholarly journals and articles, Textbooks, Technical reports, Concordances, Memoirs and autobiographies, Original works of Literary creation like Poetry, Fiction and Drama.
- Though conference proceedings are not eligible but an edited collection of individual articles arising from a conference will be considered as collective work in case it is result of a collaborative effort of Indian and Canadian scholars/ researchers/ faculty.
- SICI will consider Works and Documentary Collections, Critical Editions, Bibliographies if they include analytical constituent and makes it an outstanding contribution to scholarship.
- While unrevised theses are not considered for Shastri Publication Grant but a work derived from a thesis will be considered a monograph if it revised thoroughly to sharpen the focus.
Works in Hindi, English or French will be considered.
Authors should apply at GMS Portal https://www.sicigms.org/login to fill Shastri Publication Grant Application from. SICI reserves the right to decline incomplete applications. Only typed and complete manuscripts will be accepted by the SICI.
(ii) Eligibility of the Work/Publication
- The applicant needs to provide communication with the interested publisher who has agreed o publish work.
- Ninety five percent (95%) of the work related to proposed work for Publication Grant must be ready while submitting application.
- The SICI’s Adjudication Committee will make a formal decision on the eligibility of the work.
- At least two peer reviewers, conforming to SICI conflict-of-interest guidelines will review the work submitted under publication grant. SICI opts for blind peer review and the identity of the author will not be shared with the peer reviewers to keep the process unbiased. Peer reviewers may be chosen from India or Canada.
- Peer reviews/ reports will be forwarded to the author for necessary action. If the work reviewed has substantial criticisms, the author should incorporate them in thorough manner. The author should forward his/ her response within 1 month of communication received from SICI office. Failing to abide by timeline, the application file of the defaulter applicant will be closed and will not be opened again.
Value: Up to INR 1,00,000/-
Disbursement of Grant:
The first installment of the grant will be 85% of total amount and the same will be disbursed upon signing of letter of agreement between SICI and recipient. The holdback amount of 15% will be released upon submission of final report and bill/invoice from the publisher.
Application Form: Apply online at GMS portal https://www.sicigms.org/login
Reporting: Applicable to successful applicant only. Upload your final reports in prescribed format at https://www.sicigms.org/login
Final Report Format : Coming soon
Employer Endorsement: Form
Application Deadline: December 17, 2019 by 5:00pm (IST).
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Reshma Rana Verma
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute
5, Bhai Vir Singh Marg
- All the Grants/Fellowships will be subject to receipt of funds from MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Shastri Institute reserves the right to change Fellowship amount and number of awards.
- The maximum limit to upload individual file on GMS Portal is 1 MB. Kindly compress your files if exceeding 1 MB size.
- Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification.
- The decision of Adjudicators with respect to awards will be considered as final decision.