Frequently Asked Questions

How do I obtain a research visa for my India Studies Fellowship?

Fellowships for successful applicants are subject to approval by the Indian consulate or High Commission closest to your city of residence:

1. If you live in Ottawa, Gatineau, National Capital region comprising Kingston, Cornwall, Hawksbury, Smith Falls, Carleton Place, Montreal and Nunavut territories please apply to:

High Commission of India 10 Springfield Road Ottawa, Ontario, K1M 1C9
Tel: (613) 744 3751-53 Fax: (613) 744 0913 E-Mail: Website:

2. If you live in Toronto, Quebec (except Montreal), Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland, please apply to:

Consulate-General of India 365 Bloor Street East, 7th floor Toronto, Ontario, M4W 3L4 Tel : (416) 960 0751- 52 Fax : (416) 960 9812 E-Mail: Website:


3. If you live in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Yukon and Northwest territories please apply to:

Consulate General of India 201-325, Howe Street, Vancouver BC V6C 1Z7 Tel: (604) 662 8811 Fax: (604) 609-2031 E-Mail: Website:


Back to FAQs