SICI (Shastri Indo Canadian Institute) Canada office is pleased to announce SICI Membership Development Fund (SMDF) for its Canadian Members Council (CMC) Institutions in good standing. The amount of SMDF is up to CAN$ 500. The desired purpose of SMDF is to publicize and promote SICImandates as well as programs and grants offered by SICI Canada and India offices to its CMC Institutions.
Please click here: http://www.sici.org/about/members/ to view SICI’s CMCinstitutions.
Please note, a priority will be given to the SMDF grant requests coming from the designated representatives of SICI’s CMC Institutions (or any other authorized substitute person). It is highly recommended and expected that all of our CMCrepresentatives will seize this unique opportunity to use the SMDF grant to widely disseminate information about SICI and its 2017-18 grant opportunities, enabling the faculty, student and staff of his /her institution to apply and avail the benefits of being active member of SICI.
The SMDF grant could be used for a single event to promote SICI opportunities and other bi-national (India-Canada) activities in CMC institutions. However, this grant related activities may also be linked to public events (academic or cultural) that showcase their India-Canada activities, where promotion of SICI’s activities is an integral part of the program.
As an exception and in view of the objectives of this program to promote SICIthe executive council members who are also CMC representative of their institute will be eligible to apply for SMDF grant in this competition.
Each Canadian member institution will receive up to $500 CAD.
- Member Representatives or authorized nominees from SICI’s CMC institutions are eligible to apply for this grant to organize one or more SICI Info Event in their respective institutions; The representative may share or delegate the SICI-presentation work with other colleagues from their institute
- SMDF grant money could be used to cover the costs of tea/coffee/light snacks to the audiences attending SICI Info event organized in their respective institution.
Email your completed electronic application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “*SMDF 2017-18”.
Please note that the panel of SMDF adjudicators will evaluate your application on the basis of the following criteria and points:
1. Event Topic (3 points):
(a) Ability to clearly articulate the objectives of the event (2-point);
(b) Is the topic appealing to a broader audience (1 point);
2. Benefit to the applicant’s Institution/Department (3 points):
(a) Ability to clearly link the event to the development of the institution/department (1 point);
(b) Ability to outline the event’s outcomes (2-point);
3. Relevance to India-Canada Relationship (2 points):
(a) Ability to promote the India Studies in Canada (1 point);
(b) Ability to promote Canada-India collaborations (1 point);
4. Visibility of Shastri Indo Canadian Institute (SICI) at the Event (2 points):
(a) Clearly demonstrate that plans are in place to showcase SICI activities-programs with promotional materials/presentations etc. (2-point).
- Refreshment costs (i.e., tea, coffee, soft drinks, snacks etc. Alcohol is not allowed).
- Supplement the travel and or accommodation costs for invited speakers, panelists etc.
Disbursement of Funds:
Funds will be disbursed upon receipt of the Final reports.
SMDF applications will be adjudicated by the program and finance officers at the Calgary office, in accordance with appropriate purpose and guidelines mentioned above.
- SMDF will be used solely for organizing SICI Info Event(s) at Canadian member institutions.
- The Canadian members (applicants) will receive necessary information package (about SICI and grant programs) from SICI Canada Office prior holding the event(s) in their institution.
- If required and desired, Program Officers from SICI Canada office would be available (via skype or video conference) to help the CMC member talk about SICI programs-grants and to answer any queries/clarifications.
For more information, please email to Mahmuda Aldeen at the Calgary office (email@example.com).
Program and Member Relations Officer
Shastri Calgary Office
Education Tower 1412
2500 University Dr NW
Calgary AB T2N 1N4
Tel: 403 220 3220 (work)
Please note that the Institute takes no responsibility for missing applications or materials in mail, by post, electronic or via courier.