SICI (Shastri Indo Canadian Institute) Canada Office is pleased to announce SICI Membership Development Fund (SMDF) for its Canadian Members Council (CMC) Institutions in good standing. The amount of SMDF is up to CAN$500. The desired purpose of SMDF is to publicize and promote SICI mandates as well as programs and grants offered by SICI Canada and Indian offices to its CMC Institutions.
Please click here: http://shastriinstitute.org/member-council to view SICI’s CMC institutions.
Please note, a priority will be given to the SMDF grant requests coming from the designated representatives of SICI’s CMC institutions (or any other authorized substitute person). It is highly recommended and expected that all of our CMC representatives will seize this unique opportunity to use the SMDF grant to widely disseminate information about SICI and its’ current grant opportunities, enabling the faculty, student and staff of his/her institution to apply and avail the benefits of being active member of SICI. The SMDF grant could be used for a single event to promote SICI opportunities and other bi-national (India-Canada) activities in CMC institutions. However, this grant related activities may also be linked to public events (academic or cultural) that showcase India-Canada accomplishments, where promotion of SICI’s activities is an integral part of the program. Please note that for purposes of all SICI granting programs, ‘research /training /activity ‘shall be deemed to include creative activity conducted within the structures and programs of a member institution.
As an exception and in view of the objectives of this program to promote SICI, the executive council members who are also CMC representatives of their institutes, will be eligible to apply for SMDF grant in this competition.
Each Canadian member institution will receive up to $500 CAD.
- Member Representatives of authorized nominees from SICI’s CMC Institutions are eligible to apply for this grant to organize one or more SICI info event in their respective institutions. The representative may share or delegate the SICI-Presentation work with other colleagues from their institute.
- SMDF grant money could be spent covering the costs of tea/coffee/light snacks for the audiences or paying/subsidizing the travel and or accommodation, etc., costs for the speakers invited for the SMDF event.
Email your complete electronic application form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line- “SMDF 2018-19”.
Please note, the panel of SMDF adjudicators will evaluate your application on the basis of the following criteria and points:
1. Event Topic (3 points)
- Ability to clearly articulate the objectives of the event (2 point)
- Is the topic appeasing to a broader audience (1 point)
2. Benefit to the applicant’s institution/department (3 points)
- Ability to clearly link the event to the development of the institution/department (1 point)
- Ability to outline the event’s outcomes (2 point)
3. Relevance to India-Canada relationship (2 point)
- Ability to promote the India studies in Canada (1 point)
- Ability to promote Canada- India collaborations ( 1 point)
4. Visibility of SICI at the event (2 points)
- Clearly demonstrate that plans are in place to showcase SICI activities-programs with promotional materials/presentations, etc. (2 points)
- Refreshment costs (i.e., tea, coffee, soft drinks, snacks etc. Alcohol is not allowed).
- Supplement the travel and or accommodation costs for invited speakers, panelists etc.
Disbursement of Funds:
Funds will be disbursed upon receipt of the SMDF report in SICI report form.
SMDF applications will be adjudicated by the Executive Council of SICI in accordance with appropriate purpose and guidelines mentioned above and below.
- SMDF will be used for organizing SICI Info event/s at Canadian Member Institutions
- The Canadian members (applicants) will receive necessary info package (about SICI and grant programs) from SICI Canada Office prior holding the event/s in their institutions.
- If desired and logistically feasible, Program Officer/s from SICI Canada Office or an Executive Council member from SICI would be available (via skype or video conference) to help the CMC member talk about SICI programs-grants and to answer any queries/clarifications.
For more information, please email to Mahmuda Aldeen at SICI Calgary Office (email@example.com)
Please note: SICI Canada takes no responsibility for missing applications or materials sent by email, post, electronic or via courier.