GTranslate

Shastri Conference & Lecture Series Grant (SCLSG)

Programme is currently closed for this year.

Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute’s broad-based initiative is to support the creation of bi-national relations between academia, government, the business community, and civil society organizations by funding research and hosting academic activities in Canada and India. SICI continues to engage with member institutions from time to time through programmes, grants and activities to encourage collaborations in the higher education corridors between both nations.

Recently, the notion of boundaries and distances have changed for all of us and we are into a virtual world where physical spaces matter less. To promote academic pursuits, SICI is  planning to work in collaboration with its member institutions to organize virtual events like seminars, workshops, conferences, and lecture series. Such collaborations will fetch greater understanding amongst Canadian and Indian researchers and academic fraternity who are working on similar topics.

The Institute invites participation from one or more-member institution(s) of SICI from India and Canada, including collaboration of subject matter experts, bringing forth innovative ideas and activities.  Proposals from researchers/faculty members in the domain of Social Sciences and Humanities, Arts, Commerce & Management and STEM subjects are accepted. Also, proposals in the domain of Agriculture, Environment & Sustainable Living, Health Care- including Public Health and One Health, AI & Robotics, Public Policy, Conservation and Preservation of Heritage, and Digital Humanities are encouraged.

Collaboration with industry/companies in the areas of proposed activities is encouraged, involving stakeholders such as federal governments and state/provincial governments, civil society organizations or agencies. Committed financial support from your parent institution or any other body will raise the value proposition of your proposal to SICI.

Value of Grant

For a bi-national Conference/Symposium: INR 50,000 (approx. CAD 850)

For a Lecture Series/ Workshop/Seminar: INR 25,000 (approx. CAD 425)

Applicants may arrange additional contributions from other sources apart from his/her own institution.

Number of Awards

Bi-national Conference/Symposium: 20

Bi-national Lecture Series/ Workshop/Seminar: 20

Eligibility criteria

The applicant should be a full-time faculty/educational administrator of SICI‘s member institution in a good standing. Their constituent colleges/institutes are also eligible to apply for this grant.

Application Form

Fill-in the details in the application form and send it to siciapplications@sici.org.in.

Disbursement of Funds

85% of Conference Grant/Lecture Series Grant money will be disbursed upon signing of letter of agreement between SICI and recipient’s institution and remaining 15% to be released upon submission of report organized by the grantee.

Application FormForm 

Report Format: Coming soon  

Employer EndorsementForm 

Application Deadline:  January 15, 2022, 11:59 PM (IST)

Send your proposal indicating name of the programme in subject line of email at siciapplications@sici.org.in

Contact:

Ms. Reshma Rana Verma

Programme Officer
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI)
5 Bhai Vir Singh Marg
New Delhi 110001 INDIA
Call us at: 011 – 2374 6417; 2374 3114; 2374 2677; & +91-8882315503
Email: siciapplications@sici.org.in

Note:

  • The event must take place before March 15, 2022.
  • Applicants for Conference/workshop and Lecture Series must be full-time faculty affiliated with member institutions of SICI.
  • SICI encourages matching grants from other sources.
  • Unit of currency used in preparation of itemized budgets must be INR or CAD.
  • Overhead charges/administrative costs/self-honorarium and purchase of equipment is not permissible.
  • Grants will be transferred to institutional accounts of the winner.
  • SICI has the right to decrease or increase the number of grant awards.